Insurance Quality

I have been buying cars and having cars worked on for 34 years and in my opinion this is one of the shadiest service departments I have ever dealt with. Let's review the sequence of events.

1. Mustang is covered under bumper to bumper warranty.

2. Manual transmission is not performing to specs.

3. Parks Ford disassembles transmission and it is determined by the warranty carrier that it will not be covered because there is an after market part that was installed in the transmission.

4. Parks Ford installed the after market part and never implied in any way it would void the warranty.

5. The car that was drive-able before it was brought is now in pieces in their garage.

6. They insist on a $700.00 payment for disassembling the transmission and will not release the car until that's paid and will not reassemble the transmission.

7. Service Manager tries to be the nice guy and gives me a deal to rebuild the transmission for $5,200.00. That's right $5,200 for $800.00 in parts. I guess it takes $4,400.00 in labor to fix a transmission.

8. Rental car cost while they continue to chip away at my wallet exceeds $400.00 and won't be covered because they voided the warranty.

9. Paid around $700.00 to get the car back.

10. Paid $120.00 to have it towed.

11. Brought a transmission online for $800.00 and replaced it with a friend.

12. Car is running like a champ. Maybe I should subcontract to Parks Ford and make $4,400.00 for 10 man hours of work.

Like I said, this is my opinion but I would never, ever send anyone to this place. Never trust a mechanic with a pressed shirt, clean hands, and a sparkling white smile. They'll try to get you every time. Did I mention that this was all done to my 23 year old son? They see young ones come in and see dollar signs. Small claims court may have been a better answer but with the power of social media and my opinion of their work practices they will lose enough business to see what happens when customers don't come first.

This reviewer shared experience about warranty issue and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $1400. Afoskey is overall dissatisfied with Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel. The most disappointing about parks ford of wesley chapel car repair at Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel was do not car about customers Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Dealers category for more informed decision or compare Parks Ford of Wesley Chapel to other companies on our site.

Comments

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1299409

One of the most ever shady groups out there. These guys take the cake.

They have very little common sense but will take you for every cent out of you if possible. Do yourself a favor and do not go them no matter what you ever do.